You’ve probably heard the saying: “desperate times call for desperate measures.” When dealing with unwanted fat, many of us fall victim to “get skinny quick!” gimmicks and fads because we are, in fact, desperate. Desperate to lose those last 10 pounds. Desperate to look and feel great for that special occasion. Or even desperate to finally free ourselves of the metaphorical chains associated with unwanted fat. It becomes a vicious cycle. We buy into a fad diet or the latest weight loss pill, lose weight, but then quickly gain all of it (or more) back. No wonder we’re all desperate to find something that is not only effective, but ensures long-lasting results.
That’s where coolsculpting comes in. Unlike the other weight loss programs and laser procedures we’re accustomed to, coolsculpting actually delivers on its promises. You can actually enjoy quick, long-lasting weight loss results. But how can that be? Aren’t all “lose inches quick!” gimmicks the same? Far from it. Here are explanations for 5 common misconceptions about coolsculpting that will change your mind about weight loss procedures forever.
- It’s Painful: Coolsculpting is in no way or form painful. This non-invasive procedure is performed by gliding the Cryolipolysis technology over a targeted area to cool fat cells underneath the skin. There is no surgery or needles involved. The most patients ever experience is a tingling sensation and mild redness.
- There’s Recovery Time Involved: Because coolsculpting is non-invasive, there is actually little to NO recovery time involved at all. Many patients come to their cosmetic dermatology office during their lunch break and return to work immediately after their procedure. It’s that easy!
- It’s Expensive: Depending on the amount of treatments you plan on receiving, the price of coolsculpting is actually quite affordable; especially, when compared to its surgical alternatives. With coolsculpting, you are only paying for your cosmetic dermatology office to perform the procedure, whereas with others you are paying for a surgeon, anesthesia, etc.
- It’s Not Safe: Backed by the FDA and physicians across the country, coolsculpting is scientifically proven to be an effective, and medically sound fat reduction procedure. Nonetheless, it is always best to consult with your cosmetic dermatologist or doctor before having any procedures performed.
- Results Vary, So I Probably Shouldn’t Waste My Time: It is true that some people, due to their body types, lifestyles, and current health status, may obtain better results than others. However, this should not deter people from receiving the treatment.
Coolsculpting is scientifically proven to dramatically reduce fat in all patients who receive the treatment. Sometimes, your results may not show as fast as your neighbors or coworkers who have had the procedure. But, it is guaranteed you will still see results regardless. Doesn’t that beat not having any results at all?
If you’re tired of the vicious and unforgiving weight loss/weight gain cycle, coolsculpting is the right choice for you. FDA cleared and scientifically proven to be effective, you can finally free yourself from unwanted fat for good in the safest possible way, without surgery involved! For more information, visit your local cosmetic dermatology office. If you’re in the San Antonio area, one cosmetic dermatologist that offers coolsculpting and comes highly recommended is Ochs Dermatology.