In both the acting and modeling industry, looks plays a very important role. By always looking your best the chances of success are much higher. That’s why we went out to find a beauty queen that knows all about what it takes to survive in the world of having to be beautiful. Yolandi Franken is a model and pageant queen. She is the current title holder of Miss Multiverse Australia and previously a finalist in Mrs. Australia.
In the event of preparing for an international or world level beauty contest, being on top of your game and on top of your appearance is vital. It is important though not to forget about inner beauty because that is where true beauty lies. If you desire to become beautiful outside, being beautiful insides comes first, that is where your sparkle comes from.
Beauty is not necessarily the natural shape of the face or your body but rather how well you take care of yourself and your appearance, your teeth, your hair, your ski, etc.
Follow some of Yolandi’s beauty tips:
- Make certain that you know your skin type; this will help you remain free from breakouts, dehydrated skin or dry skin.
- Keep your teeth clean and healthy. Always remember that teeth make a huge difference to the face and appearance. A shiny set of teeth that are nicely aligned can change a face.. Get advice and regular checkups from a dental health expert on how you can improve or maintain your dental health.
- Exercise is one of the important factors to be incorporated into your daily life. This is not only good for staying in shape and being healthy, it also improves posture, helps with a clearer skin and improves sleep.
- Drink allot of water, water is helpful in flushing toxins from the body and it keeps you hydrated.
- Getting enough natural anti-oxidants is very important too. This will eradicate free radicals that speed up the aging process. It is as easy as introducing more fruit and vegetables to your diet.
- Exfoliate your skin twice a week to get rid of dead skins cells so that your skin can glow and show off the younger cells.
- Cleanse, tone and moisturize twice a day and don’t forget an anti-aging or hydration serum if you need it.
- Get rid of facial hair. Laser is a great way to get rid of those nastiest permanently but threading is also a safe option. No one likes to look in the car mirror and see a lion. Neither do the people around you.
- On top of your list should be staying out of the sun. The sun does not only cause cancer but it can age the skin tremendously. Skin can become wrinkly, dehydrated and sun spots could appear. Wear your spf 30 or 50 every day, especially on your face. There are some great non-greasy products on the market.
- Remember that staying beautiful is a daily task. You need to stick to a routine as much as you can and make sure that you take care of your body and your appearance daily.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is important to not only look refreshed but it is also the time that the body uses to generate new cells and this will help you stay younger.
- Keep your nails clean and neatly shaped. If your nails are prone to breaking and you always end up with nails of different lengths, rather keep them short and tidy.
And if all else fails, there is makeup to help us out. Most people know the basic application of makeup, but Yolandi shared some of her extra tricks.
- Only have dark lips or dark eyes, choose one of the two to be your stand out feature for the day. Unless you are on stage where you can have both).
- Don’t wear foundation that is too thick or has a cover more than what you need.
- In using the eyelash curler, begin at the roots of your hair. Then, squeeze them and squeeze again while move upwards in about 2 mm parts to the ends. This helps in achieving a better curl.
- Use 2 layers of mascara to make lashes appear thicker.
- Brush the eyebrows upwards and tidy it up on top.
- Have a look online for a contouring video – this is very handy and can completely change your flaws!
- Use a primer to help you makeup stay on longer.
- Never share makeup or makeup brushes with others. This is the easiest way to spread germs and cause breakouts.
But most of all, be confident and believe in yourself. There is nothing more attractive than a lady who carries herself with grace and confidence.
You can find out more about Yolandi Franken by visiting her website www.yolandifranken.com or on twitter and Instagram which is @yolandifranken.