Asthma is basically a disease in which the bronchial tubes become very sensitive and responsive towards the irritants present in the environment, which root for the inflammation in them and also develop difficulty in the mechanism of breathing. The inflammation of bronchitis can cause various breathing problems.
Sign and symptoms of asthma
Asthma is basically a lung related disorder, it is mainly characterized by:
1. Patchy and reversible obstruction in passage of air.
2. Inflammation in the throat and trachea, while passage of air.
3. The Bronchus becomes hyper-responsiveness.
The common symptoms of asthma are:
- Contraction of muscles around the trachea (the air passage tube).
- Swelling of the tracheal lining due to its tenderness, and
- Excessive mucus in the trachea and the bronchitis.
- Coughing the most common symptom of asthma. In people suffering from asthma coughing is often shoddier at night make it hard for asthma patient to sleep. This is the only symptom which a child suffering with asthma display.
- Wheezing sound: Wheezing is basically a whistling or squeaky type of sound when you breathe with a blocked nose.
- The muscles of chest tighten: This feels like someone is pressing or assembled on your chest.
- Difficulty in breathing: Asthma sufferers find it difficult to catch up their breath, and they often feel breathless when come in contact with allergy causing agents.
- Narrowing of the trachea and the alveoli present in the lungs, which result in increased confrontation to airflow in the lungs.
- Body rejects and do not respond to the steroid drugs.
- Allergy occurs frequently.
- Over-responsiveness to non-specific stimuli such as cold air, air pollution, pollen, dust, or other irritants.
- Asthma symptoms are strongly developed by aerobic workout.
- Coughing or wheezing, take place with prolonged secessions of crying or laughing.
The above mentioned are the main asthma symptoms. Asthma, in few cases cannot be healed, but for most of the asthma patients it can be prohibited so that they have only negligible and rare symptoms and they can survive and live an active life.
Few home remedies for treatment of asthma
- Plant a mint plant near your window, do reduce coughing.
- Inhale vapors of mint.
- Massage your chest with mustard oil.
- Garlic consumption, it will remove congestion of lungs.
- Eucalyptus oil is very effective in the treatment of asthma.
- Coffee, the caffeine present in coffee help to control asthma attacks.