If you need to find the best garage doors installer or repairman, one of the best ways to find out useful information is to read experts recommendations about business ethics. Most people today become victims of up-selling. In this article an expert in selling commercial garage doors shares his experience and knowledge with those who consider buying new doors to warn them from up-selling strategies of the companies.
When in need of buying anything for your house, no matter if it is residential electric gate openers or a simple carpet, we all experience the sales routine, and not just with commercial garage doors installers it is always frustrating.
But not always the sellers aim to rip you off. As a rule, professionals think that we need much more functions in garage doors than we think we need, but it does not mean that they try to fool us. Sometimes (and ONLY sometimes) they are really trying to help you!
So, the question is how to determine a legitimate and an illegitimate up-sell efforts of the commercial garage doors installers and repairmen? Here we have some suggestions offered by a professional about the service technicians who have been called to help you with electric gate opener problems. Such suggestions are very useful for the technician, but at the same time if you know them you as a consumer will have a good means of judging the competence and character of any technician showing up at their your for any repair works.
So, here is a list of what a professional should do:
- Give you a price book which contains all the garage doors and gate opener parts in order to be able explain to the client the total cost of work.
- Bring some literature like catalogues to show the consumer what options he or she has when buying the product of the doors company.
- Be able to say what parts for the garage doors or residential electric gate openers repair he has not to sell something that he does not have at all.
- Bring many standard common parts (rollers, springs, hinges, motor operators or weather stripping) to have a possibility to repair some crucial mechanisms right away.
- Try to analyze the cause of your problem. In this part both the technician and the consumer are able to benefit. For instance, let’s say that your commercial garage doors at a workplace was hanging up because of a bad roller. The technician can repair this roller right on the spot. But at the same time he could also replace all the rollers and ask you to pay for the whole replacement. For sure, you would pay more now, but at the same time if not doing it now you might face the same problem in a couple of weeks and then pay more in total. So this up-selling might ensure fewer problems for you in the long run and give your residential electric gate openers better performance in the years to come. But on the other hand, there is an argument to be made against replacing all the springs when you have only one broken.
So the point of this example is in the fact that a good professional garage door installer and repairman ought to make some effort and explain you long-term benefits of replacing or repairing some parts that currently do not cause any problems. Here you will be the one who is making the final decision, but you will be informed.
- Do not force the issue. This advice is for sellers. If the consumer is not willing to accept some of your advice never press and accept “no” for an answer. A better option is to make sure that the consumer, when leaving you, will have a clear understanding of all the options and will stay confident that they paid only for what they really needed and wanted. As for the consumer’s part, it is highly advised to hear all the options and take some time for making the final decision.
- Do not accept any repairmen who are trying to force you. If a commercial garage door or residential electric gate opener installer or repairman schedules the day with very quick calls, do not trust him because it is likely that his work will be unreasonable and irresponsible. Remember that any rush in repairmen works never brings you any good.
Always try to sense and feel when someone is trying to sell you residential electric gate openers of bad quality and when someone is trying to share useful advice based on knowledge and experience. In case your installation company or repairman fits the latter description, then both of you will benefit.