Remodeling a kitchen does not have to cost a fortune. Try some of these kitchen remodels that are quirky, affordable and easy. Open shelves – Instead of upper cabinets, open shelves give more display space and make a small kitchen look bigger. It reduces the clutter in the kitchen. Upgrade appliances – Opt for energy…
Short Message Service well known as SMS is a medium to send short messages over mobile networks. Since it’s interception in 1992 it has over 80 mobile subscriber adaption rate. Since then the growth of smart phones has introduced other ways of communication besides emails to instant messaging and over-the-top content messaging app, SMS also known as ‘text’ is gained much needed following and remains one of primary channels of communications. It has global reach because it does not need pre-existing connection such as availability WIFI or data connection, friends need to accept friends request as in Instant Massaging, and other side does not need to install the same app. SMS is gaining popularity in terms of Applications-to-person SMS such as payment confirmation, appointment reminders, account updates from banks, flight updates, sports updates, weather updates, mobile ticketing, etc. Companies are growing in use SMS as medium for two factor authentication if activated include Apple, Facebook, Dropbox, Google, Twitter, PayPal, LinkedIn, etc. SMS has the lowest barriers to communication of any medium and ideal medium for sending short time sensitive content. SMS is the most effective way to reach with 90 percent read rate in minutes this is especially true with younger generation that will tend to reply right away to SMS as oppose to call and sometime or even never reply to email. You might not know this you might one of those people who will reply back right away to SMS with a call you are breaking number one rule of text message etiquettes. It is common knowledge every women professional should not break these invisible barriers of SMS but many of us unknowing break it. We are here to help.
Following is the list of Top 11 rules of SMS. Please feel free to share with your friends and family who might not know it.
- Golden Rule: Never call in response to a SMS. If someone wants to talk to you they will call you. It annoys the most and if you call in response to a text, you expect one of two things. It shows your lack of social skills or ignored phone call and awkward SMS conversation will follow it.
- Rule of Response: Always Respond. Unless you do not want to be friends with that person always responds to a text. We are all busy people. Always keep your messages marked when are busy to that need to respond.
- Rule of Too Quick: If it take a days for me to respond you then it is ok for you to take a day to respond to me. This is true in dating situations so you do not look too desperate.
- Rule of Two Days: If it takes for you to respond to me two days it is ok for me to take two days to respond to you. It is the other side of rule 3.
- Rule of 2 Text: If you SMS someone two times and they don’t respond, they do not want to talk to you. Stop the text immediately.
- Rule of Don’t Leave Me Hanging: Do not SMS someone if you are not willing to continue the conversation such as:
(You): Hi, How are you?
(Friend): I’m great. You?
This kind of SMS is sent in the night or after someone is dumped. It is like I am ok but I am was just trying to boost my ego by knowing that you will respond.
- Rule of Dismissal: Do not ignore the call and then text them. Give sometime between the call to give them time to think you missed the call instead of letting them know you ignored their call. It is the right proper thing to do.
- Rule of Disproportionate Letters. Never respond to three page text message with “k”. At least tell her it is “ok”. If you get three page text from another guys (not a gal), it is perfectly acceptable to unfriend that guy from Facebook because you do not have time for all that.
- Rule of Ironic. DO NOT TEXT IN ALL CAPS. IT SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE VERY ANGRY!
- Rule of L O L: do not over use “LOL”. Mostly we mean do not use it. For example at traffic do not say “traffic is really bad LOL”. We do not laugh at traffic out loud at traffic. Some like to use LOL when haha will do. Unless you want to mind though at a idot do not use “u” or “ur”.
- Rule of HAHA.
- a) Ha: You are not funny. Example “Ha….you are funny.”. Means you are not funny.
- b) Ha’s: It is not hilarious but getting there. Example “Haha…that’s hilarious.”. Means not hilarious but getting there.
- c) 3 or more Ha’s: You are truly funny. Example “Hahahah….I’m drowning!”. That means if you were in person that is a full laugh.
That is it. If it is too many rules of proper text then stick with FaceTime or call. If you still want to text and keep in touch with friends and family living in different parts of the world instantly, not email (it is too slow), use a free SMS site please visit smsfree4all.com. If you are the mobile type where you want to an iOS or Android SMS Apps visit here.
One of the most pressurizing factors for women to lose weight is the wedding bell. The moment she realizes that she is way above normal weight and that many people will be looking at her during the wedding day, the lady begins to worry about her weight. So, what should she do to lose weight…
When it comes to clubbing holidays, Ibiza is the place to be. It is the best and the most exclusive destination for party lovers. The original nightlife scene has been quite infectious in this part of the world ever since its inception. Although, the budget for partying at a typical Ibiza nightclub can exceed that…
If you are looking to host an outdoor wedding, then wedding tent rentals are must to consider. To ensure a complete protection of the guests from external factors like weather, it is crucial to rent a tent. Reliable tents may easily handle the ups and downs in the weather. Whether you are inviting thousands of…
Spring to fall allergy to summer, for allergy suffers the change of the season can be very serious. If you are like the millions that suffer from allergy eyes or allergic conjunctivitis, you understand the pain that the season can bring. Here are the best easy tips that can help relive these puffy, swollen, red…
What can you do to avoid being scammed when you try to rent a car for your holiday or business trip? Here are five ways to avoid being scammed. 1. Check the car before you rent it and before you return it Before you pay for your rented car make sure you look for any…
Beating the habit of smoking in the real world is notoriously tough, as many of those who repeatedly fail at the effort would admit. People who intended to quit smoking demonstrate their willingness to “try anything” by subscribing to more conventional methods, such as e-cigarettes or electronic cigarettes. What are e-cigarettes? An electronic cigarette is…
iPhone screen repairs are one of the most general repairs for iPhones at the moment. Those on social media will no doubt have seen a high amount of status update where individuals bemoan the fate of their much-loved iPhone as they have knocked or dropped it to the floor and inevitable smashed or cracked the…
As women, I feel we have it a little harder than men when it comes to building relationships later in life. Of course, most people agree that men age better than us women at the early stages of getting older, but I think that it turns a corner again in our mid-50s. However, looking my…
Garcinia cambogia has recently been everywhere from the news on TV, print media and also on the internet as a highly recommended weight loss supplement. Let us take a closure look at what it is and also try to substantiate the claims whether it is indeed as good as it is claimed to be and…
Travel guide is a fundamental element for all travel enthusiasts around the world. When you hear the phrase “travel guide”, the first thing that comes into your mind is a list of different documents that concerns specific locations. Travel guide also means an act of a person that leads a certain group of travelers. At…
It’s hard to find a woman who doesn’t like shopping. For some, shopping is actually a therapeutic activity that doubles as a stress-reliever, and perhaps, provides the same effect as a soft massage and a foot spa. Women love to shop, and if modern pop culture can be believed, they shop for shoes more than…