The overall decorative appeal of natural stone retaining walls can be retained for a long time by means of sealing and this is why most people are choosing this option.
How to seal retaining walls with natural stones?
Retaining walls that are made up of natural stones need to be sealed properly so that the overall look and durability of the walls can be maintained in the long run. In this way, the landscape maintenance costs will also get reduced to a great extent and this is really quite a beneficial opportunity as well. There are innumerable natural stones that have got porous properties as a result of which moisture gets absorbed and this can be prevented by means of sealing the surfaces. Both water spots and discoloration of the stones can be easily avoided by this sealing.
Special kinds of sealers are now getting used so that retaining walls remain stable. But in this case, the sealers must be quite transparent so that they can be applied smoothly over the surfaces. Moreover, the surfaces of the retaining walls can also be protected against different kinds of climatic effects so that unwanted damages can be easily avoided. There is a specific sealing process that needs to be followed so that effective effects can be gained. If you want to extract more information about this sealing process, then online reviews can be definitely checked.
Steps involved in sealing of retaining walls of natural stones
- The surfaces of the retaining walls need to be cleaned thoroughly so that they can be made free from dusts, dirt or other deep wastes. This is because these wastes can create greater hindrances to the sealing activity.
- Regular booming is enough for dealing with dry dusts and this can be done by the home owners.
- The walls need to be smoothened with sandpaper or other scrubbers so that the task of sealing can be efficiently completed without any hassles.
- The sealers need to be poured within bucket so that they can be easily applied over the walls. The mixture needs to be shaken well and rubber gloves need to be used so that the solution can be safely applied.
- The layers can be definitely made thicker by applying multiple coats and the surfaces need to be dried for minimum 24 hours.
In most of the cases, stone retaining wall contractor long island deals with the sealing process so that greater professionalism can be conducted and the task can be completed with greater efficiency. But if you want to save cost, then you can also put your own efforts for doing the same.