Domestic violence, also known as domestic battery or accusations cannot be dealt without the aid of an expert assault defense lawyer. It can be very complicated and eventually become a very serious problem that needs to be handled in a professional manner. So what is there that you should know about domestic battery? What is the expert assault defense attorney take on filing or defending a domestic violence case? Here is all you need to know about it.
Notable Facts About Domestic Battery
If you ask any assault defense lawyer to help you with the domestic violence case, he/she will expect you to know the basic facts about this certain type of abuse in order to deal with it in a better way.
- In the United States, every 2 out of 10 women are beaten on daily basis by their spouses.
- Every 3 out of 7 people have been in abusive relationships.
- Every year more than 200 thousand calls are made to the emergency hotline to report a domestic abusive case.
Filing Domestic Violence Case
Initially the US law court did not allow you to file for domestic violence against your immediate family members. This law was greatly challenged in court by the public and after years of struggle refuted by the court. In present times, you can file a case of domestic violence against any person guilty regardless of the fact whether he is a blood relation or not.
How To File Domestic Violence?
In order to file a case for the domestic violence there are a few basic steps that you should follow.
- Report domestic violence immediately as it happens by calling the police station.
- You will be asked to visit the police station or you could request for the team to come home.
- Seek help from a professional attorney to provide all details and information on the occurring incident.
- Once the case has been filed, you can wait for the arrest warrant to be issued.
How To Defend Domestic Violence?
- You need to stop being contact with the accused as soon as possible.
- Arrange a one-to-one assault defense attorney to discuss your options and other case related details with the officials.
- Hire a professional lawyer who has expertise in the specific field.
- Request for police protection if you are facing threats or risk for your life’s safety and protection whilst the trial is carried out in the courtroom.
Have The Courage To Report Domestic Violence
Domestic violence is a form of physical, mental and emotional torture and abuse. It shatters a person’s body, mind and soul. Many people do not have the courage or are not brave enough to report this abuse and seek protection or justice in this regard. Assault defense lawyer rockville strongly encourage you to take the brave step and report domestic battery as and when it happens.